A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to reports in Italy, Mike Ashley and Rafa Benitez have “reached an agreement” over transfers, claiming the NUFC owner will back the Spaniard with ‘substantial funds’ – Full story here.
- George Caulkin has played down claims that an ‘agreement’ has been reached between Benitez & Ashley, however, believing the pair are ‘not close to this part..yet’ – Full story here.
- Martin Dubravka has stressed that he is ‘happy’ and ‘not interested’ in speaking about a potential move away – despite receiving interest from several Champions League clubs – Full story here.
- According to TEAMtalk, Newcastle have shown interest in signing Leeds United duo Kavlin Phillips and Jack Clarke – Full story here.
- Lee Ryder has insisted that there should be no cause for concern just yet regarding contract talks between Mike Ashley and Rafa Benitez – believing an announcement should arrive by Friday – Full story here.
- According to reports in Italy, Newcastle United have been offered the chance to sign Portuguese international Joao Mario this summer – Full story here.
- Newcastle United will slap a £15m asking price on Dwight Gayle’s head this summer, according to TEAMtalk – Full story here.
- Nobby Solano believes Rafa Benitez has been left ‘waiting for answers’ from Mike Ashley for too long, with talk of any new deal continuing to drag on – despite the fact we were mathematically safe a month ago now – Full story here.