A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Sky Sports have now confirmed that Ayoze Perez has now AGREED personal terms with Leicester and is undergoing a medical as we speak – Full story here.
- According to north-east reporter David Coverdale, the club have now ‘made contact’ with Roberto Martinez over the possibility of him becoming the new Newcastle United boss – Full story here.
- That said, the Telegraph’s Luke Edwards claims that Martinez looks unlikely to be appointed, with TWO different sources telling him ‘no chance’ – Full story here.
- Newcastle United have confirmed that 22-year-old midfielder Dan Barlaser has signed a new deal at the club – and he’s now joined Rotherham on loan – Full story here.
- Forgotten full-back Achraf Lazaar says he is ‘only thinking of Newcastle’ ahead of his return to pre-season training this week, suggesting he has no plans to leave this summer – Read his comments here.
- “My issue isn’t selling Perez to Leicester for £30m, it’s what Mike Ashley will do with the money..” – My take on the potential Perez sale – Read piece in full here.