A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Sky Sports have confirmed in the last few moments that Steve Bruce is now Mike Ashley’s ‘no.1 target’ to replace Rafa Benitez, with the club expected to make an official approach – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has aimed a clear dig at Mike Ashley, admitting he’s had more meetings in a week with Dalian Yifang chiefs than he had across 3 years at Newcastle United – Read his comments here.
- NUFC fan groups have come together to take a major stance against Mike Ashley ahead of the 2019/20 season, with them backing a ‘total boycott of St James’ Park’ until he sells up – Read statement here.
- Mikel Arteta and Patrick Vieira have BOTH ruled themselves out of the running for the Newcastle United job after ‘talks’ with Rafa Benitez, according to David Coverdale – Full story here.
- According to Dean Jones, Newcastle United offered former MLS flop Anthony Hudson a ‘coaching role’ at the club last week – Full story here.
- Sky Sports’ Pete Graves has posted a controversial tweet attempting to defend the potential appointment of Steve Bruce – only to delete it 2 minutes later – Read it here.
- The Newcastle United side that looks set to start against Arsenal next month as things stand – a major reality check for Mike Ashley? – See potential line-up here.
- And finally, a closer look at Mike Ashley’s comedy of errors – the ‘con artist and club clown who’s ran out of magic tricks’ – Read our piece in full here.