A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- George Caulkin has stated that he knows ‘for a fact’ that takeover talks have not ended, denying claims that interested parties have ended their interest – Read his comments here.
- According to Mark Douglas, Newcastle United’s interest in Hull City star Jarrod Bowen was “genuine” over the summer – Full story here.
- After sharing a room with him during his time with England, ex-NUFC striker Michael Bridges insists that Michael Owen is a ‘very selfish lad’ – Read his comments here.
- Freddie Woodman’s loan stint at Swansea is going from strength to strength, with him being named in WhoScored.com’s Championship ‘Team of the Month’ – Full story here.
- According to Lee Ryder, Newcastle United have ‘no plans’ to bring former chief scout Graham Carr back to St James’ Park – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce has been ‘taken aback’ by Andy Carroll’s attitude and leadership behind the scenes according to the Chronicle – Full story here.
- Dwight Gayle has suffered a new injury setback, with Bruce claiming he ‘felt his calf again’ after stepping up his recovery in the gym – Full story here.
- And finally, a closer look at Jack Colback after the NUFC outcast failed to secure a ‘deadline day’ move away this week – A player valuing money over minutes? – Full story here.