A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the Chronicle, Newcastle United are now tracking Atlanta United star Josef Martinez ahead of the January transfer window – Full story here.
- The FA have confirmed that Peter Beardsley will be banned from football for 8 months after being found guilty of racist & abusive language towards NUFC U23 players – Full story here.
- North-East reporter Ian Murtagh claims Andy Carroll and Sean Longstaff are in line to return this weekend, but the game will come too soon for Saint-Maximin, Ritchie and Yedlin – Full story here.
- The Sheffield Star’s Dom Howson has told Newcastle loanee Jacob Murphy to ‘raise his game’ after an ‘underwhelming’ start to life at Sheffield Wednesday – Full story here.
- Brighton boss Graham Potter has confirmed that club record signing signing Leandro Trossard will miss Saturday’s game at St James’ Park – Full story here.
- Michael Owen believes there’ll be few goals and few chances created ahead of Brighton’s visit to St James’ Park this weekend, expecting a ‘tight, tense, close affair’ – Read his prediction here.
- Steve Bruce was at Whitley Park on Monday night to watch the U-23’s in action, and one player who may have caught his eye is Rosaire Longelo – Watch his stunning 25-yard strike here.
- And finally, a closer look at Emil Krafth – and the reasons why Steve Bruce may recall Javier Manquillo this weekend – Full story here.