A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to North East reporter Ian Murtagh, Steve Bruce could drop both Miguel Almiron and Jonjo Shelvey ahead of Sunday’s trip to Leicester City – Full story here.
- The club have released pictures of the team in training today, showing Saint-Maximin, Sean Longstaff, Florian Lejeune and DeAndre Yedlin all back in action – but Matt Ritchie is missing once again – Full story here.
- According to the Shields Gazette, RB Leipzig’s Yussuf Poulsen and Sevilla’s Rony Lopes are on Newcastle’s radar ahead of the January transfer window – Full story here.
- Leicester City star James Maddison is a ‘doubt’ for Sunday’s game against Newcastle United according to BBC Sport – Full story here.
- According to the Telegraph, Sean Longstaff will be fit to face Leicester City on Sunday – while Dwight Gayle is expected to return to training this week – Full story here.
- NUFC U-23’s poor start to the season has continued after a 2-1 defeat to West Brom this week, but, with 4 goals in his last 4 games, Tom Allan has been one shining light – Full story here.
- And finally, Jamie has had his say on Jonjo Shelvey – a player he believes should be sold and replaced in the new year after watching Saturday’s display vs Brighton – Full story here.