A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the BBC, Newcastle are interested in signing Genk goal-machine Mbwana Samatta – with him believed to have a £10m release-clause – Full story here.
- Newcastle United will make a ‘£20m signing‘ if they need to in January according to Lee Ryder – suggesting there is money to spend – Full story here.
- According to ex-Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher, Ciaran Clark’s opener in Saturday’s win over West Ham shouldn’t have stood – Read why here.
- Football Insider’s Peter O’Rourke claims Newcastle sent scouts to watch QPR star Ryan Manning in their game at Elland Road last weekend – Full story here.
- Ian Murtaugh, The Daily Star’s north-east writer, claims that several Newcastle players are closing in on new deals – not just Jonjo Shelvey – Full story here.
- Michael Owen is backing Newcastle to beat Bournemouth to nil on Saturday – revealing how the Cherries have struggled for goals recently – Read his comments here.
- The Shields Gazette’s Liam Kennedy believes Jonjo Shelvey will sign for West Ham ‘one day’, claiming their interest in the Newcastle midfielder ‘never seems to go away’ – Full story here.
- Magpies captain Jamaal Lascelles has heaped praise on misfiring record signing Joelinton following his performance at West Ham on last weekend – Read his comments here.