A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Steve Bruce has been told he’s in with a chance of signing Granit Xhaka in January – with Fabian Schar already telling him good things about the club and city – Full story here.
- Sources in the Midlands claim West Brom will make another loan bid for Dwight Gayle in January – Full story here.
- According to reports in Turkey, Newcastle are one of four Premier League clubs interested in Besiktas star Domagoj Vida – Full story here.
- Both Lee Clarke and Craig Hignett have put their names forward to for the vacant U-23’s job following Neil Redfearn’s exit – Full story here.
- The Athletic’s Chris Waugh admits ‘nothing’s imminent’ regarding new contract for Federico Fernandez – despite the fact he’ll be a free agent in 6 months – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce admits he tried to implement his own system ‘too early’ at Newcastle – suggesting he was wrong to go with a 3-5-2 formation earlier in the season – Full story here.
- Elias Sorensen’s loan spell at Carlisle has taken a fresh twist, with Steve Pressley – the manager who wasn’t playing him – being sacked – Full story here.
- Yoshinori Muto, Javier Manquillo and Ki Sung-yueng could well be sold in January according to The Athletic – Full story here.