A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to Spanish outlet AS, Newcastle are interested in signing Mohammed Salisu this summer – the Real Valladolid star with a £10m release clause.
- Joelinton made a NUFC fans day last night, with him picking up the phone to FaceTime the Magpie Channel’s Matty Renton after he bleached his hair the same colour as the Brazilian’s – Watch it here.
- The Chronicle claim Newcastle scouts are now tracking Scunthorpe youngster John McAtee – the 20-year-old striker who impressed in a U-23 fixtures against NUFC last November.
- Valentino Lazaro has spoken highly of his time on Tyneside so far – revealing that it was Steve Bruce who ‘really convinced’ him to sign for Newcastle not RB Leipzig.
- According to Turkish Football, Newcastle United will travel to Turkey to watch Goztepe’s 19-year-old talent Efe Binici.
- Steve McClaren claims Joelinton is suffering from the same problem Aleksandar Mitrovic had at Newcastle – feeling it’s another case of a young striker being expected to do too much too soon in a highly pressured environment.
- There’s no sign of Carroll, Gayle, Shelvey or Manquillo in the club’s latest training pictures – but Almiron is ‘fine’, while Joelinton and Muto are back from recent knocks and ‘looking sharp’.
- Former Villa defender Richie De Laet has slated Steve Bruce’s training methods, claiming he had no plan and treat sessions like it was ‘under-nines’ football.