Today’s round up of all NUFC related transfer talk:
- Rafa Benitez is considering a move to sign Manchester City goalkeeper Willy Caballero this summer. The 35-year-old Argentine will be available on a free this summer and could be an alternative to Pepe Reina who looks likely to remain at Napoli (The Times)
- Sky Sports report that Newcastle remain in ‘pole position’ to sign Sporting Lisbon centre-back Ruben Semedo. They report that we have submitted an offer of £10m, however the Portuguese side have set a £13m asking price.
- Newcastle United are closing in on the loan signing of Tammy Abraham, with the club hoping to seal a deal for the exciting Chelsea forward over the next 48 hours (The Chronicle)
- The Times report that Rafa Benitez is also keen on the signing of 26-year-old Eibar centre-back Florian Lejeune. The La Liga defender has enjoyed a successful season in Spain and is believed to have a £8.7m release clause.
- Pepe Reina’s potential move to Newcastle has been cast into doubt, with ESPN claiming that the former Liverpool keeper is set to stay with Napoli and has no plans to leave Naples unless the club wish to sell him.
- Aston Villa, Derby and Cardiff are all chasing Newcastle’s Grant Hanley this summer, however the Mirror claim the Scottish centre-back, who reportedly earns £45,000 per week, would have to face a big pay-cut to join such Championship sides.