Today’s round up of all NUFC related transfer talk:
- Big news today, with the Northern Echo claiming that Florian Lejeune’s £8.7m move to NUFC is ‘imminent’, stating that the French centre-back will fly to England to complete his medical this week.
- Matz Sels is on the brink of a season-long loan move to Anderlecht after completing his medical with the Belgian Champions (The Chronicle).
- Newcastle have made an enquiry to sign want-away Southampton striker Jay Rodriguez this summer.West Brom and Burnley are also interested (Daily Mail).
- After claiming his move to England was “90% done” and following Newcastle United on Twitter soon after, Torino midfielder Afriyie Acquah has spoken out on social media, stating that rumours of a move to NUFC are false.
- Despite The Chronicle’s Lee Ryder distancing NUFC with a move for Vincent Aboubakar, national press suggest his move to Tyneside is close, with the Daily Express, The Sun and the Daily Star claiming Newcastle have won the race to his signature.
- Previously linked centre-back target Eliaquim Mangala won’t be heading to Newcastle this summer, with the Manchester City man looking set for a move to Lyon