Today’s NUFC related transfer talk:
- Newcastle have made an enquiry to sign Middlesbrough winger Adama Traore – who is understood to be keen on listening to offers from Premier League clubs this summer (Daily Mail)
- Spanish reports claim that Florian Lejeune’s £8.7m move to Newcastle will be announced soon, with The Chronicle confirming that the Eibar centre-back has told friends he is all set for a move to Tyneside.
- Rafa Benitez wants to be reunited with former Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel, available for £4.7m from current side Fenerbahce, but will face competition from Celtic for his signature (Fotomac).
- Tammy Abraham’s decision to turn down Swansea for Newcastle was mainly due to game-time assurances, with The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas claiming that NUFC were unable to offer him first team guarantees week in week out.
- The clubs’ official media partner, The Mirror, claims Newcastle are closing in on a £17.5m club record deal to bring Benfica midfielder Andreas Samaris to St. James’ Park this summer.
- Newcastle have announced their fith pre-season friendly of the summer, confirming a trip to Germany to face Bundesliga side Mainz on Saturday 29th July.
- Sky Sports have announced today that Mike Ashley has sold his entire share of Rangers football club
- Jamaal Lascelles has returned to training early at Newcastle United, claiming he is ready to knuckle down to be in the best shape possible ahead of the new Premier League season (The Chronicle)
- Following his release, ex-NUFC midfielder Haris Vuckic has found a new club, joining Dutch side FC Twente on a three-year-deal.