Today’s round up of all NUFC related transfer talk:
- The Mirror, Newcastle’s official media partner, have revealed that Chelsea urged Swansea-bound Tammy Abraham to snub a move to the North-East as they were ‘concerned’ about Newcastle’s famous nightlife.
- NUFC are believed to have made a €10m to Valencia for Argentine International midfielder Enzo Perez after Rafa Benitez turned to his extensive list of La Liga contacts to make a transfer breakthrough (Sport).
- Rafa Benitez has made contact with his former club Real Madrid, and is looking to do business for any fringe players or youngsters that they may be willing to send out on loan this summer. Back-up goalkeeper Kiko Casilla is believed to be a player he is considering. (The Chronicle).
- Newcastle have joined Watford and Burnley in the race to sign Hull’s £8m rated left-back Andrew Robertson (Hull Daily Mail).
- Formerly linked Torino midfielder Afriyie Acquah has issued a come and get me plea to Newcastle United, confirming in an interview that he hopes to complete a move to Tyneside this summer.
- Rafa Benitez is believed to have requested a transfer meeting with Lee Charnley after missing out on several transfer targets (Northern Echo).