Today’s round up of all NUFC related transfer talk:
- Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Newcastle United target Lucas Perez will leave Arsenal this summer, opening the door for a potential move to Tyneside for the Spanish striker this summer.
- Perez’s agent has suggested Arsenal’s asking price is ‘too high’ and has confirmed the Spaniard has interest from England, Spain, Germany and Turkey.
- Rafa Benitez has offered an update on Newcastle’s transfer progress, suggesting the club are playing a waiting game in their attempts to push through a deal for summer signing number six – player sales could be key.
- The Chronicle have revealed today, in an article on player sales, that the club are ‘prepared to listen to offers’ for Aleksandar Mitrovic, Chancel Mbemba, Karl Darlow and Siem De Jong.
- Previously linked French forward Adama Diakhaby has signed for Monaco from Rennes on a five-year deal.
- The signing of Atletico Madrid’s Angel Correa could prove too expensive for NUFC barring any player sales (The Chronicle).
- The bookies have slashed NUFC’s odds of signing Everton’s Ross Barkley this summer, with some sites offering as little as 4/1 (nope, still not buying it!)
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)