A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- A positive update on the future of Rafa Benitez has arrived today, with The Mirror and Chronicle reporting that the Spaniard will NOT walk out on Newcastle and remains 100% committed to the task in hand.
- NUFC have been handed a boost ahead of Sunday’s clash with Swansea, with Benitez set to welcome Florian Lejeune and DeAndre Yedlin back from injury, with Jonjo Shelvey also back from a 3-game ban.
- Serbian national coach Slavoljub Muslin has claimed that Aleksandar Mitrovic is more appreciated in Serbia than he does on Tyneside, suggesting why the striker does better for country than club.
- The Chronicle have revealed that fans will be unaware just how close Chancel Mbemba came to leaving NUFC this summer, claiming Benitez was ready to sell him if defensive reinforcements had arrived.
- NUFC duo Ciaran Clark and Aleksandar Mitrovic look set to go toe to toe tonight, with Republic of Ireland facing Serbia in the crucial clash at the top of Group D in the World Cup qualifying stage. The game is live on Sky Sports.
- Former NUFC favourite Hatem Ben Arfa sees his career go from bad to worse, with the Frenchman having been banished to PSG’s reserves after refusing the club’s efforts to sell him this summer.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.