A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- NUFC have today announced that Mikel Merino has been voted FUN88 player of the month for August. The Spaniard gained 45% of fans vote, beating off competition from fellow nominees Christian Atsu and Ciaran Clark.
- It was confirmed that Newcastle United had scouts in attendance at Benfica’s opening Champions League group match against CSKA Moscow on Tuesday night, and today it has been revealed that it was Moscow’s 6ft 3′ striker Aaron Olanare who they were there to watch.
- Acrhaf Lazaar has told The Chronicle that he DID NOT make comments against Newcastle and Rafa Benitez, claiming he ‘loves’ the club and would be open to returning once his loan ends with Serie A side Benevento.
- Some surprising stats have emerged showing that NUFC new-boy Joselu has had the joint most shots on target in the Premier League this season – with only Manchester United’s Romelu Lukaku, Tottenham’s Harry Kane and Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah matching his tally of 9.
- Mikel Merino has shared a brilliant story about his ‘amazing’ interaction with Newcastle fans at the Quayside, claiming he was amazed by the support and to find they already knew who he was so early into his United career.
With just weeks until the release of top-selling video game FIFA 18 on September 29th, the ratings have been revealed for each and every Newcastle United player – CLICK HERE to see what rating each and every NUFC player has been given in the new game.