A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- In today’s pre-match press conference Rafa Benitez has confirmed that Paul Dummett and Massaido Haidara are the only player set to miss tomorrow through injury, suggesting Chancel Mbemba will be back to face Stoke.
- Stoke look set to be missing one of their key defender tomorrow however, with captain Ryan Shawcross a major doubt with a back injury.
- Jamaal Lascelles is ‘close’ to signing a new five-year deal at the club – a move which The Telegraph describes as the clearest sign yet that Benitez is still planning to be at the club for the long term.
- NUFC coach Paco Moreno claims Jonjo Shelvey is one of the best technical player he has worked with – high praise indeed given Paco has worked for the likes of Real Madrid, Liverpool, Chelsea and Inter Milan!
- Rafa has commented on the transfer window for the first time since deadline saying, saying that ‘we are where we are’ and that he is only focused now on moving on and improving the players he has so we can compete in the Premier League
- Benitez has also praised new striker Joselu, saying he has shown glimpses of what they know he can do, but still has room to improve.