A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- According to the Daily Mail, in-form NUFC loanee Sean Longstaff is attracting interest from a host of Premier League sides, with scouts being present to watch him in Blackpool’s 3-1 win over Oxford on Saturday.
- Jamaal Lascelles has opened up about his hug with teammate Joselu after Saturday’s win over Stoke, explaining how he wanted to reassure the striker after missing a hat-trick of big chances against his former club – top work from the skipper.
- A surprise stat has been revealed by the Premier League’s statistical experts WhoScored.com, who’ve highlighted that Newcastle’s Ayoze Perez made more tackles (7) than any other player in the Premier League this weekend during Saturday’s win over Stoke.
- After picking Jamaal Lascelles in his Premier League team of the week, BBC pundit Garth Crooks has made some rather flippant comments about Newcastle’s form, claiming we will ‘soon run out of gas’ and that our bubble will soon burst.
- Christian Atsu has been named in the WhoScored.com Premier League team of the week for his performance against Stoke on Saturday.
- Rafa Benitez made an appearance on Match of the Day on Saturday night and was involved in this rather awkward encounter with Gary Lineker..
— Match of the Day (@BBCMOTD) September 16, 2017