A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Breaking news this afternoon that Tim Krul has officially left Newcastle United after 12 years at the club, with Brighton confirmed to have converted the goalkeeper’s loan move from Newcastle into a permanent one-year deal.
- Former boss and current Sky Sports pundit Alan Pardew has suggested how Newcastle United can guarantee their Premier League safety so early in the season, suggesting six wins out of our next 10 would be good enough to keep us in the top flight.
- NUFC loanee Achraf Lazaar has been slated for his debut performance for Benevento, seeing his new side fall to a 6-0 defeat against Napoli on Sunday.
- It’s only September but January transfer ‘news’ is knocking about already, with reports that NUFC will go back in for in-form Besiktas striker Cenk Tosun this winter after failing to sign him in a last ditch deadline-day effort.
- Sean Longstaff has won TWO awards this month for loan club Blackpool, winning the club’s player of the month award & EFL goal of the month for August – CLICK HERE to see the stunning strike that won him the award.
- Tino Apsrilla has been reminiscing about hit time on Tyneside, claiming he ‘tricked’ Geordie women into partying back at his house in Newcastle by telling them David Ginola would be there!
- And finally – Can a player be better in the Premier League than they are in the Championship? A strange concept but here’s four players we feel excelling more this season than they did last.