A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- It has been revealed that Rafa Benitez took time out of his pre-match preparations just 1 hour before kick off with Stoke last Saturday to personally hand a cheque to NUFC Foodbank staff, going out of his way to thank them in person for the great work they do in the community – a true gent and a great story. Well worth a read!.
- Former defender Jose Enrique has revealed the incredible reason he turned down a chance to re-join Newcastle United two years ago, claiming he knew he would be ‘sh*t’ due to doubts over his physical condition at the time.
- Matt Ritchie has fired a warning to NUFC fans, pleading with the Toon Army to keep their ‘feet on the floor’ despite our superb start, claiming it would be ‘naive’ to look at the table and get carried away.
- Ex-Palace owner Simon Jordan has thrown yet another dig at NUFC, criticising the ‘unrealistic’ fans following his ludicrous claim about Rafa Benitez.
- In-form Newcastle United youngster Sean Longstaff is being watched by Premier League rivals Bournemouth according to The Chronicle, with ‘several’ Championship sides eyeing a January loan deal following a stunning start to his loan spell with Blackpool.
- Brighton’s loss is our gain as Chris Hughton’s men have endured a pretty unideal week ahead of Sunday’s game, being beaten in extra time at Bournemouth on Tuesday after being forced to field their second string due to squad concerns.
- And finally, one to read when you get a spare 10 minutes – “An observation I’ve made during EVERY Premier League game we’ve played so far this season” – Olly’s intriguing take on our season so far.