A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- NUFC U-23’s take on Wolves in a Premier League 2 tie at St. James’ Park tonight and fans will get the chance to see SIX senior players on show, with Dwight Gayle, Rolando Aarons, Henri Saivet, Jack Colback, Freddie Woodman and Jamie Sterry all included in tonight’s squad.
- Steve Sidwell has shared a fascinating insight into NUFC new boy Joselu from his time with the Spaniard at Stoke, claiming that he was a ‘frighteningly’ good finisher, praising the strikers ability and reassuring fans that the goals will come despite him missing a few too many chances so far.
- Brighton reporter Andy Naylor has had a little too much to say about Newcastle United fans following his sides victory at the Amex yesterday, somehow suggesting that a few too many of us had expected to stay in the top four following three wins on the bounce.
- After failing to make a real impact on Tyneside, Newcastle United trio Adam Armstrong, Matz Sels and Achraf Lazaar were sent out on loan this summer, however their time away from St. James’ Park is hardly going to plan thus far. CLICK HERE to see just why.
- Brighton’s Solly March lined up against Newcastle yesterday in our 1-0 defeat at the Amex, but the winger has revealed how he could very easily have been lining up in black and white if things had turned out differently. CLICK HERE for the full story.
- Ayoze Perez has been heavily criticised on social media following our defeat to Brighton yesterday, with NUFC fans calling for the number 10 to be dropped for Sunday’s game vs Liverpool.
- And finally, a piece worth reading if you have 5 minutes spare – “Two good, two bad – four things we can take from yesterday’s defeat at Brighton”
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)