A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Some sad news to bring you today as former NUFC Chairman Freddie Shepherd has died at the age of 75,passing away peacefully in his home last night. See here for the tributes that have flooded in since news of his death.
- An interesting development has been reported this morning in The Times, who claim NUFC owner Mike Ashley is set to open contract talks with Rafa Benitez, whose current deal at the club expires at the end of next season. CLICK HERE for the full story.
- Jamie Carragher believes there is ‘no chance’ Newcastle will go down under Rafa Benitez this season, but has warned fans to ‘enjoy him while he’s here’, suggesting the Spaniard will not be at the club for long.
- Newcastle United are understood to be keeping tabs on Red Bull Salzburg midfielder Valon Berisha after it was revealed that we had scouts present to watch him in Europa League action earlier this month. CLICK HERE for more on the story.
- Benitez has confirmed that Newcastle United defender Florian Lejeune will return to face Liverpool on Sunday, stating the French centre-back missed the Brighton game as a precaution after receiving treatment on an ankle problem.
- And finally, an article perfect for some bedtime reading – “Reasons to be cheerful about NUFC this season despite Sunday’s defeat” – Well worth a read to give you a lift after last weekend’s disappointment. CLICK HERE for the full article.