A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has hinted that he may stay on Tyneside longer than some are anticipating, admitting he is ‘very happy’ in Newcastle and would love to leave once he has delivered trophies – like he did at Liverpool.
- Newcastle United have released the squad photo for the 2017/18 season, however there is NO sign of out-of-favour midfield Jack Colback – suggesting the former Sunderland man has played his last game in black and white.
- Rafa has been speaking to the media today ahead of Sunday’s visit of Liverpool. CLICK HERE to see a summary of today’s key points including an injury update, Rafa’s emotions ahead of the game and his thoughts on Shelvey’s potential return.
- Brighton striker Tomer Hemed has come out with a bizarre statement after being found guilty of violent conduct following a stamp on NUFC’s DeAndre Yedlin last weekend. He continues to claim he is innocent, sparking some shameless comments from Brighton fans who’ve jumped to his defence. CLICK HERE to see some of them.
- Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has admitted that Moussa Sissoko is only still at Spurs because of a lack of offers for the un-wanted Frenchman, revealing he was the ‘first one’ who asked to leave this summer, yet no one appeared to want him.
- And finally, something to get your teeth into if you have a few moments free – “Rafa’s XI: Could a change in formation be on the cards?” – well worth a read after talk that Benitez could tinker with some new systems this season.
Here’s to a big performance on Sunday – HWTL!