A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Billionaire business woman Amanda Staveley was present at St. James’ Park yesterday, however The Chronicle claim, as it stands, there’s been no concrete bids for the club despite growing interest.
- Jamaal Lascelles has made some inspiring comments following yesterday’s draw with Liverpool, claiming we don’t have any stars at NUFC, but are a team of ‘hungry’ players who ‘wear the badge with pride.’
- Liverpool fans have not held back in their assessment of Georginio Wijnaldum’s display at St James’ Park yesterday, slating the former NUFC midfielder for his ‘invisible’ display – something he was guilty of during away games for Newcastle United!
- Some potentially concerning news today confirming that Matt Ritchie has had to withdraw from Scotland’s World Cup qualifiers. The reason why is unknown at this point – hopefully it’s a precaution after midfielder ran 10.7km during yesterday’s game!
- BBC pundit Ian Wright has urged Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to move to Newcastle United, believing a move to Tyneside would be ideal for the struggling striker.
- Gallowgate Flags put on yet another powerful display before yesterday’s game against Liverpool and Rafa Benitez has thanked those involved for their ‘fantastic’ support, claiming the Toon Army are crucial in giving the team that ‘extra 5%’ each week.
- Match of the Day 2 dropped a bit of a clanger during their highlights of our 1-1 draw with Liverpool last night, with subtitles referring to Rafa Benitez’s Newcastle as “the black and white scum.”
- And finally, as ever something worth a read if you have a few moments spare – “Four BIG positives to take from yesterday’s draw with Liverpool” – an uplifting assessment of what we can take from yesterday’s spirited performance.