A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Some interesting developments regarding a potential takeover today, as The Times confirm Amanda Staveley held talks with NUFC trio Lee Charnley, Justin Barnes and Keith Bishop following Sunday’s game against Liverpool – fuelling rumours that she is set to launch a bid to buy Newcastle United from Mike Ashley. Click here for FULL STORY.
- Rafa Benitez has delivered an ominous verdict on the future of NUFC outcast Jack Colback, suggesting that he had no plans to include the midfielder in the squad photo as he is ‘not training with the team’ so shouldn’t be in the team picture.
- Opta stats have revealed the top 10 Newcastle United players who have covered the most ground in our opening seven games this season, with Matt Ritchie unsurprisingly coming out on top – Click here for the full list.
- Former Newcastle United midfielder Jermaine Jenas has posed a question to NUFC fans, asking ‘who is going to be scoring the goals’ for Newcastle this season after raising his concerns about our attacking capabilities and suggesting we should enjoy being in the top half ‘white it lasts’.
- Despite returning to St James’ Park in August to a chorus of boos, ex-NUFC midfielder Moussa Sissoko has admitted how happy he is to see his former side doing well in the Premier League, claiming it’s a club that ‘deserves’ to be where it is.
- And finally – Newcastle have today been linked with a move for PSG stopper Alphonse Areola once again, however we have looked into the goalkeeping department, wondering why Benitez wants another goalkeeper at NUFC? Worth a read if you have a few moments folks.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.