A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Promising news has arrived from the Middle East, with Arab news claiming that Amanda Staveley could use Arabian Gulf money to buy Newcastle United BEFORE the year is out – IF serious talks get underway with Mike Ashley. CLICK HERE for full story.
- Back to matters on the pitch and NUFC winger Christian Atsu has been forced to pull out of Ghana’s World Cup qualifier with Uganda. He has been playing through the pain barrier in recent weeks and has been instructed to rest his injured calf.
- Jamaal Lascelles has delivered yet more fighting talk for us all to enjoy, claiming that our point and dogged display against Liverpool won’t be the last time a big side struggles against us this season.
- Ian Wright has changed his tune on NUFC’s prospects for the new season, now claiming that he ‘quite like’s’ us and ‘fancy’s us’ to do well this season IF we can be better in the final third – quite a shift from his comments in August, saying we ‘weren’t strong enough to perform well’!
- Former Newcastle United striker Seydou Doumbia has suffered a freak injury at new club Sporting Lisbon, with his dive in a UEFA Champions League match against Barcelona resulting in a tendon damage – ruling him out of action for 2 months! CLICK HERE to see the video.
- And finally, an intriguing stat has been revealed on Ayoze Perez, giving a very possible explanation as to why the Spaniard continues to get into Rafa Benitez’s side. Quite a revealing statistic and a real topic for debate. CLICK HERE for the full story!