A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Aleksandar Mitrovic has emerged as a January target for Premier League rivals Brighton, with Chris Hughton’s side looking set to test our resolve this winter after sending scouts to watch the striker in Serbia’s 3-2 defeat to Austria last Friday (Daily Mirror).
- Rafa Benitez has suggested that his primary focus is on the potential arrival of a striker, number 10, left-back and goalkeeper in January, however states that the club are tracking players in “every position” to cover our backs incase any unseen events occur.
- The Chronicle have assessed how the club look set approach the January transfer window, revealing SIX players who could leave the club this winter – including Mbemba, Gayle and Mitrovic.
- Alan Shearer has spoken out about our start to the new Premier League season, admitting he is ‘quietly pleased’ with what he’s seen, feeling we may struggle to score goals but our organisation should see us stay away from the relegation places.
- Turkish media claim Newcastle United had representatives in attendance to watch Cenk Tosun in World Cup qualifying action last night – and the Besiktas striker is likely to have impressed, scoring two well taken goals in Turkey’s 2-2 draw in Finland.
- Former Newcastle United star Andy Cole has admitted just how much he struggled with the fans on Tyneside during his spell at the club, revealing that he disliked the level of adoration supporters showed him on a day to day basis.
- And finally, Gateshead have announced former Newcastle United full-back Steve Watson as their new manager following Neil Aspin’s departure for Port Vale last week.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)