A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Despite failing to sign several players he desired over the summer, Rafa Benitez has admitted he is still happy due to the effort his players are putting in, expressing his delight at their team spirit and commitment in everything they do. (FULL STORY here)
- Mo Diame has spoken out for the first time since his training ground scrap with Jamaal Lascelles last week, reiterating his desire to work hard and fight for his place in Rafa Benitez’s side.
- Newcastle United full-back DeAndre Yedlin has offered a fascinating insight into training under Rafa Benitez – believing his ‘boring’ but effective sessions have done wonders for his defensive development. (FULL STORY here)
- Ayoze Perez has revealed that Rafa Benitez has offered him a key new role in his side following our promotion back to the Premier League, with the gaffer now focused on seeing his number 10 defend from the front – a role that has made him an ‘important’ part of Benitez’s system. (FULL STORY here)
- A remarkable stat has emerged as we look ahead to Sunday’s game at Southampton, highlighting that The Saints have only scored in ONE of their last NINE Premier League matches at home, with goals in their 3-2 win over West Ham being the only time they’ve scored at home in this season. (FULL STORY here)
- It’s been a mixed week for several of our star men away on international duty. CLICK HERE to see how EIGHT of our very own have got on this week in their attempts to qualify for next summer’s World Cup in Russia.
- Michael Owen has had his say ahead of our trip to Southampton on Sunday, believing we will come away with a point from St Mary’s.