A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Match of the Day pundit Martin Keown has heaped praise on the NUFC squad following yesterday’s game against Southampton, stating we look like a side that ‘belongs’ in the Premier League – (FULL STORY here)
- Newcastle United duo Aleksandar Mitrovic and Chancel Mbemba appear to have a real fight on their hands to get back into Rafa Benitez’s plans, with the Spaniard leaving the pair out of the entire squad for the second game running at Southampton yesterday – (FULL STORY here)
- Dwight Gayle’s Newcastle United season has went from bad to worse, with it being revealed by Rafa that last seasons top scorer suffered an injury to his calf during his brief substitute appearance at Southampton yesterday.
- He may have made a costly error in yesterday’s game, but here’s why NUFC fans must stick behind Florian Lejeune – the man who was very impressive against Southampton aside from his moment of madness.
- Alan Pardew believes Newcastle got ‘lucky’ during yesterday’s game, admitting he still cannot believe how DeAndre Yedlin wasn’t shown a second yellow card for his foul on Nathan Redmond.
- The fee we paid to secure the services of Mikel Merino has been revealed, with reports in Germany confirming that the midfield maestro cost Newcastle little over £7m to make his loan move from Borussia Dortmund permanent.
- And finally, here’s one that’s well worth a read if you have a few minutes free tonight – Five positives to take from yesterday’s display at Southampton.