A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Turkish billionaire Murat Ulker had emerged as a ‘front-runner’ to buy Newcastle United from Mike Ashley according to a report in the Evening Standard today – FULL STORY here.
- Ex-Newcastle United midfielder Rob Lee has hit the nail on the head in an interview with TalkSPORT following last night’s big announcement, summing up perfectly just why Mike Ashley must leave the club – yet explaining why he’ll remain sceptical until he sells – FULL STORY here.
- Mike Ashley’s lawyer has spoken out about the NUFC owners latest situation in quite a revealing interview on Sky Sports. FULL STORY here.
- Last night’s news that Mike Ashley has put NUFC up for sale has provoked some brilliant responses from ex-players online – CLICK HERE to see reactions from Alan Shearer, Steve Harper, Tino Asprilla and Rob Lee.
- Owner of household brands McVitie’s and Jaffa Cakes Murat Ulker has been strong liked with a takeover at NUFC today, but here’s why the story on his ‘interest’ in the Evening Standard doesn’t add up. FULL STORY here.
- Away from takeover talk – Sammy and Shola Ameobi BOTH scored for Bolton and Notts County respectively over the weekend – Watch both their goals HERE.
- And finally – Simon explains here ‘Why it’s clear Ashley wants out of NUFC for good this time’ – well worth a read to understand why the infamous owner could actually mean on this occasion.