A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Huge claims coming from the Daily Mail, who suggest Amanda Staveley has now officially mounted a £300m bid to buy Newcastle United football club from Mike Ashley – including plans to hand Rafa Benitez a whopping £300m to invest in the squad if she is successful. (FULL STORY)
- Talk of an official bid may be premature, but Mike Ashley’s sale of NUFC has moved another step closer today in that PCP Capital Partners – the investment company run by Amanda Staveley – has now signed a confidentiality agreement (NDA) with the club’s owners – with the due diligence period having now commenced as a result (Sky Sports) – (FULL STORY)
- The Telegraph claim that a deal between the businesswoman and Mike Ashley is ‘edging closer’ after ‘regular’ and ‘positive’ talks between the two parties, however the sticking point could be the price, with Staveley said to be willing to pay £300m – a figure that could come up short of Ashley’s alleged valuation of £350-£400m.
- Mike Ashley’s lawyer Andrew Henderson has issued a statement to Sky Sports in relation to the proposed takeover of Newcastle United following news today that Amanda Staveley and her PCP Partners firm has signed a non-disclosure agreement with the club (CLICK HERE for full statement).
- Former owner Sir John Hall has had his say on a potential takeover at Newcastle United this week, revealing just why his beloved club is such an attractive proposition – and what any new owner would have to do to make us big again (FULL STORY).
- Former midfielder Kieron Dyer has made some ridiculous claims about us Newcastle fans on Sky Sports last night, claiming we believe we have a ‘divine right’ to be one of the top clubs again and expect to be a ‘Champions League team’ after being ‘spoilt’ in the Keegan and Robson eras.
- An interesting transfer nugget has been shared in The Independent today, who’ve revealed that Rafa Benitez held discussions with Liverpool over the summer in an attempt to bring former NUFC midfielder James Milner back to St James’ Park (FULL STORY)
- After regularly predicting misery for Newcastle week in week out, it has been revealed that we would be JOINT bottom of the league if Paul Merson and Mark Lawrenson’s weekly predictions had come to life so far this season (FULL STORY).
- Shay Given has opened up about his NUFC exit for the first time since leaving for Man City in 2009, admitting in his new autobiography that Mike Ashley offered him a LOWER deal than the one he was already on in a pathetic ‘attempt’ to keep him on Tyneside – also revealing how he put a ‘false spin’ on his exit to make him look the bad guy (FULL STORY).
- Now back to events on the pitch, Roy Hodgson has spoken out about our form, our fans, Rafa Benitez and Yohan Cabaye in his press conference today ahead of Palace’s trip to St James’ Park on Saturday (FULL STORY).
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.