A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Former winger Andros Townsend has opened up about his return to St James’ Park with Crystal Palace tomorrow, admitting that he enjoyed a ‘fantastic’ time with the club, but fears he won’t get a good reception from the Newcastle fans.
- Rafa Benitez has been on pre-match press conference duties today. See a summary of today’s presser HERE as he talks team news, takeovers and Andros Townsend ahead of tomorrow’s game.
- On the subject of Benitez, some reassuring news has been reported in The Chronicle today, revealing that Rafa HAS been handed assurances surrounding the January transfer window, with the club committed to backing him even if a takeover is not completed by then.
- It has also been confirmed today that Amanda Staveley intends to be the ‘front woman’ opposed to the facilitator of her proposed takeover at NUFC – meaning she’d have a central role as ‘Chairwoman’ if successful, with her middle-eastern partners likely work alongside her and provide the financial muscle behind club (The Chronicle).
- The infamous Paul Merson has made his prediction for this weekend’s game with Crystal Palace – and he’s stooped to new lows in some of it, claiming he ‘can’t split the two sides’ and feels it’s a game they’ll have highlighted to get 3 points in.
- Newcastle United number one Rob Elliot has called for equality in the game, speaking out about the unacceptable abuse Jonjo Shelvey continues to receive surrounding his alopecia during ‘every’ game (FULL STORY HERE).
“Three reasons why I’m feeling a little uneasy ahead of tomorrow’s game with Crystal Palace” – season ticket holder Olly explains his niggling concerns ahead of tomorrow’s game.
- Finally, we have a new feature for you at NUFC Blog – The Opposition Opinion – Crystal Palace (H) – Here we’ve been speaking to a Crystal Palace fan here who talks to us about NUFC, Gayle, Pardew, Townsend, Cabaye & the current Palace side ahead of tomorrow’s game at SJP. CLICK HERE to give it a read!