A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Mikel Merino has emerged as an early doubt for Saturday’s game against Bournemouth, with Benitez confirming he will see a specialist about his back injury that kept him out of last night’s game at Burnley.
- Despite being disappointed with our performance, Rafa Benitez believes that last night was an even game and one that we could have ‘won or lost it’ – however concedes that the big difference between the two sides was their ability to capitalise on our costly mistake.
- Speaking during last night’s game on Sky Sports, Jamie Carragher stated that Benitez may be improving us defensively, but will struggle to develop us as an attacking force if he is given funds to bring in higher quality players.
- Gary Neville believes we may struggle to attract players to the club, even under Rafa’s reign, feeling the attraction down South may make it difficult for us to tempt players to move up to the North-East.
- Following last night’s defeat, several fans have taken to social media, urging Benitez to hand Aleksandar Mitrovic his chance in the team on Saturday in place of the underperforming Joselu – CLICK HERE for full article.
And finally, a must-read piece from Olly here – “A dismal display & disappointing result – but last night’s defeat does NOT warrant an overreaction” – Well worth a read for some much needed perspective following last night’s poor performance.