A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Despite being left out of his squad in Monday’s defeat at Burnley, Rafa Benitez has insisted that Aleksandar Mitrovic remains in his plans at Newcastle United – CLICK HERE to see the full story,
- Matt Ritchie has spoken out about the prospect of playing former club Bournemouth on Saturday, admitting that it will be a ‘strange feeling’ to play against so many friends – but insists he’s focused on nothing other than taking three points for NUFC.
- Tammy Abraham – a player Rafa Benitez will be regretting missing out on even more so today, with the Swansea striker having earned a call-up to the England squad after scoring 5 goals already this season – CLICK HERE for full article on the story.
- Predictions for Saturday’s game against Bournemouth have begun, with Michael Owen revealing a fascinating stat about Rafa Benitez during his comments that led to him forecasting a 2-1 win for us at the weekend – CLICK HERE to read full article.
- An interesting nugget of information to share from The Chronicle’s NUFC reporter Chris Waugh today, who confirmed that Besiktas star Cenk Tosun is a player that Rafa Benitez IS looking at ahead of the January transfer window, revealing we have held ‘long term’ interest in the in-form striker – CLICK HERE for the full story.
- Former NUFC midfield and current pundit Jermaine Jenas has opened up about the culture shock he faced when he arrived in Newcastle as an 18-year old, but his reasoning was a little hard to sympathise with – stating that the lack of Afro-Caribbean barbers made it difficult for him to get his hair cut! CLICK HERE to read his comments in full.
- According to Peter Grant, who worked with Alan Pardew at Reading and West Ham United, the former NUFC boss’ experiences on Tyneside with Newcastle United would put him in great stead to take the vacant managers role at Rangers – some ‘interesting’ comments here – CLICK HERE to read the full piece.