A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has spoken out about the future of Aleksandar Mitrovic after seeing the Serbian linked with a return to Anderlecht over the weekend, also explaining just why he chose not to bring on the striker in Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Bournemouth – read full story here.
- It has now been revealed by the Shields Gazette that Mikel Merino is likely to be out for the whole of November – meaning he’d miss our next three league games and return for our trip to Chelsea on the 2nd of December – read full story here.
- Also on the injury front, Benitez has confirmed that Jamaal Lascelles and Christian Atsu will both be assessed in the coming days after coming off with injuries in the 1-0 defeat to Bournemouth on Saturday – read full story here.
- Matt Ritchie believes it is “harsh” to suggest we have not been clinical enough this season – however has admitted that we must become more ruthless in front of goal if we want to consistently win close encounters in the top flight – read full interview from him here.
- According to reports in Turkey, Newcastle had scouts present in Besiktas’ 1-1 draw with Monaco in the Champions League last week, and despite being there to watch Cenk Tosun and Oguzhan Ozyakup, they were also left impressed by their team-mate, Tolgay Arslan – read full story here.
- And finally, an interesting piece from Simon here ahead of the winter transfer window – ‘FOUR key areas Rafa will look to strengthen in January & the players he may target in each position’ – read full article here.