A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has offered injury updates on the fitness of NUFC quartet Mikel Merino, Jamaal Lascelles, Christian Atsu and Paul Dummett ahead of our trip to Manchester United next weekend – Read full article here.
- Rafa’s outlook on Merino seemed more hopeful than the reports arriving from Spain this morning, with claims from the continent suggesting the midfielder’s back injury could see him sidelined for up to TWO MONTHS – read full story here.
- Jamaal Lascelles has revealed just how Rafa Benitez has helped him become a better captain and man-manager, admitting that he treats him differently to other NUFC players and advises him to act in different ways to different players to provoke the right reaction – read full article here.
- Rafa Benitez has opened up about NUFC’ summer transfer struggles today, but urges fans to stick together to help us stay up – with a bigger transfer kitty awaiting next year once NUFC receive the big influx of TV money and secure potential new ownership – read full story here.
- Former Cardiff City striker Nathan Blake has came out with some quite incredible comments about Mo Diame today, claiming that Neil Warnock should break the bank to sign Newcastle midfielder in January – believing he is the one player that could inspire Cardiff to automatic promotion this season – read full story here.
- Florian Lejeune has admitted how Rafa convinced him to join NUFC, claiming Benitez assured him that he could reach his ambitions with the club – including his goal to earn a France call-up – with the Frenchman feeling he is now in the ‘very best place’ to do just that at NUFC – a club he feels ‘very proud’ to play for. Read full story here.
- Alan Shearer has offered a fascinating insight into his interview with NUFC skipper Jamaal Lascelles in his piece for the BBC this week, revealing just why he was left so impressed by the 23-year old defender – someone he now sees as the ‘ideal’ captain for Newcastle United. Read full story here.
- Forgotten NUFC winger Rolando Aarons has admitted that he is becoming more and more frustrated by his lack of game time, but has maintained his wish to focus on working hard in training to get his chance opposed to going out on loan in January – read full story here.