A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- After failing to make England’s latest squad and being told why he wasn’t called up by Gareth Southate, Jonjo Shelvey has responded brilliantly, admitting he is unfazed by his omission once again – stressing that the only thing on his mind is performing consistently for Newcastle United – Read full story here.
- Former Newcastle United striker Malcolm Macdonald has offered his in-depth assessment of NUFC outcast Aleksandar Mitrovic and to say he hasn’t been too complimentary is an understatement – claiming he ‘regrets the day Newcastle bought him’ – Read his comments in full here.
- Some transfer news from one of Spain’s leading outlets ‘MARCA’ today, who report that Newcastle hold an interesting in Villareal striker Cedric Bakambu – with Premier League rivals Everton and West Ham also believed to be eyeing the 26-year old forward – Read full story here.
- Former NUFC number one Tim Krul has admitted that he has ‘no regrets’ swapping Tyneside for the South-Coast this summer despite his lack of game-time at Brighton so far, admitting that he ‘could not have made a better decision’ – Read his comments in full here.
- A boost for us and a timely blow for Man United ahead of Saturday’s game, with The Telegraph reporting that Paul Pogba is unlikely to feature in this weekend – despite suggestions over the past week that he would make his long awaited return this weekend. Phil Jones could also miss out for the hosts – Read full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has offered a stunning assessment of recently sidelined defender Paul Dummett, claiming people don’t realise how important the NUFC left-back is to the club following his return to training after several months out – Read Rafa’s comments in full here.
- The January window fast approaching and Rafa Benitez is believed to have identified a new left-back as one of several priorities targets – and The Chronicle have revealed five left-backs on his radar ahead of the upcoming window – Read full transfer story here.
- And finally, with injuries set to force Rafa into making some big decisions at Old Trafford on Saturday, here’s a THREE changes he could make for our trip to Man Utd– Read full article here.