A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Newcastle’s Ciaran Clark suffered heartache in Dublin last night, with his Republic of Ireland side seeing their World Cup hopes go up in flames after a devastating 5-1 home defeat to Denmark in their all important play-off second leg – Read full story here.
- Some exciting news for those attending next month’s game against Leicester on December 9th, as it has been confirmed that it will be Leazes Flags’ first full display at St James’ Park – with the fan group hoping to create a ‘wall of noise’ thanks to flag display at both ends of the ground – Read full story here.
- Jonjo Shelvey has hit back at the NUFC critics following our back-to-back defeats, insisting that our start to the season and position in the table must still be seen in a positive light – Read Jonjo’s comments in full here.
- Incase you missed it this week, it has been revealed that former NUFC villain Dennis Wise will be appearing on this year’s ‘I’m a Celebrity..Get Me Out of Here’ – Read full story here.
- Some strong claims arriving from Serbian outlet Mondo, who state that Aleksandar Mitrovic now wants out at NUFC after ‘becoming frustrated by his lack of game time’ – with Brighton and Southampton believed to have registered an interest in the striker ahead of the January transfer window. Read full story here.
- Matt Ritchie has admitted that it has been hard for him to ignore the rumours about the potential takeover at the club, but he has stressed that ‘success on the pitch will bring success off it’ – suggesting we must improve our own results to help win over a potential new buyer. Read his comments in full here.
- According to an exclusive story from Turkish-football, Newcastle are one of several Premier League clubs to have held talks with Anderlecht centre-back Kara Mbodj – and his Turkish agent Ediz Balkan has confirmed he’s held talks with a host of English clubs in London over the weekend. Read quotes from his agents and full story here.
- And finally, a piece well worth a read here, as Jonjo Shelvey reveals just how relegation last season was ‘key’ for NUFC last season, explaining just how our team spirit has continued to develop ever since – from WhatsApp groups to squad meals out! Read full story here!