A round up of all of today’s takeover news and NUFC gossip:
- An exclusive in the Daily Star has revealed today that Mike Ashley wants a ‘clean break’ from NUFC should he sell to Amanda Staveley and PCP’s – meaning all Sports Direct branding across the stadium disappear IF a takeover can be completed – Read full story here.
- Former NUST chairman Neil Mitchell has offered a brilliant view from the Middle East on Amanda Staveley’s attempt to takeover at NUFC, suggesting why a deal could be further down the line than we currently realise – Read full interview here.
- According to The Mirror, Rafa Benitez has told the NUFC hierarchy to back him in the January transfer window or risk a second relegation in three years – emphasising the need for new owners to arrive before the turn of the year – Read full story here.
- The Chronicle report this morning that Newcastle have devised an ‘exit strategy’ to finally get rid of Jack Colback – with scouts from Leeds United and Birmingham City present to watch the midfielder in a recent U-23 outing ahead of the January window – Read full story here.
- Normal service has been resumed, with Paul Merson predicting that Watford will come away with all three points at St James’ Park on Saturday, however he has criticised Rafa Benitez in the process – stating that he doesn’t know why he is not playing Aleksandar Mitrovic – Read his comments in full here.
- Jamaal Lascelles, Christian Atsu and Isaac Hayden may all be out of Saturday’s game against Watford, but the potential return of Mikel Merino and Paul Dummett could see our starting 11 look rather interesting this weekend – here’s the new-look NUFC XI we could see start against Watford following Benitez’s injury update.
- Michael Owen has predicted Saturday’s encounter with Watford at St James’ Park will end in a draw – also revealing an incredible stat about Marco Silva’s side ahead of this weekend’s game – Read his full comments here.
- Finally, here’s an NUFC Blog exclusive we’ve brought you ahead Saturday’s big game with Watford – “NUFC fan working at Watford gives fascinating insight into Saturday’s in-form opponents” – Read the full piece here.