A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- A heart-warming story has been shared on social media, revealing how NUFC captain Jamaal Lascelles came to the rescue of a struggling former Marine who’d fallen out of his wheelchair in Newcastle over the weekend – helping him up, buying him drinks and paying for his taxi fare home! – Read the brilliant story in full here.
- Ex-NUFC captain Kevin Nolan has questioned Rafa Benitez’s latest comments regarding the club’s lack of spending power over the summer, suggesting the Spaniard has ‘played on it a lot’ and may be using this to ‘kid’ NUFC fans to stop them from getting on his back – Read Nolan’s intriguing comments here.
- The Chronicle have wrote an interesting piece on Benitez’s attempted summer business today, revealing that he had looked at Andre Gray, Joshua King, Jack Cork, Kieran Gibbs and Willy Caballero – but was told the club could not afford deals for any of them – Read full details here.
- Alan Shearer has named his greatest NUFC XI, talking Gazza, ‘Wor Jackie’, his Man Utd offer and those who didn’t make his team in the process – Read Big Al’s all time NUFC 11 here and let us know if you agree/disagree with his picks!
- “The striking stat that shows a clear trend in several NUFC games so far this season” – read more here on the rather telling NUFC stat we uncovered following Tuesday night’s draw at West Brom.
- According to La Liga outlet Don Balon, Newcastle United could be set to reignite their interest in former target Kevin Gameiro in January – the 30-year old Atletico Madrid striker who has been told he is surplus to requirements with the Spanish giants – Read full story here.
- After a barren run of form for the U-23’s, Peter Beardsley’s reserves hit Swansea for six in their Premier League 2 International Cup fixture at Little Benton yesterday – with Geordie prospect Tom Heardman scoring four times in an impressive attacking display – Click here to watch his goals; including a long range effort from NUFC outcast Jack Colback.
- And finally, we’ve picked a side we’d love to see start at Stamford Bridge this weekend – “The NUFC XI we’d love to see Benitez to test out against Chelsea on Saturday” – Click here to see the full team and let us know your thoughts!