A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has been speaking to the press today, talking Mitrovic, our defensive issues, rotation, Rob Elliot and injuries ahead of tomorrow’s game with Chelsea – Read the key points from his press conference here.
- The Middle East’s leading English-language news service, ‘The National’, has revealed some potentially significant news regarding Amanda Staveley’s takeover attempts at NUFC – claiming her PCP Capital Partners group have submitted a SECOND offer. Read full story here.
- Jamaal Lascelles has opened up about his incredible act of kindness over the weekend in an endearing interview with the MOTD Mag today – who have handed him their ‘Hero of the Year Award’ for 2017 in the process! Read his inspiring interview here.
- Following his good form with Bradford, NUFC youngster Alex Gilliead is a wanted man, with The Chronicle confirming today that THREE Championship clubs have shown an interest in taking him on loan in January – one of which being North-East rivals Sunderland! Read full story here.
- North-East correspondent Craig Hope has revealed that Rafa Benitez has made an enquiry to bring Man Utd outcast Luke Shaw to Tyneside in January, however their asking price could scupper any deal – Read full story here.
According to the Daily Mail, Newcastle United have been sending scouts to watch highly rated BSC Young Boys striker Yannick Toure – the 17-year old Swiss sensation who is attracting interest from several clubs – Read full transfer story here.
- Ahead of tomorrow’s game, we’ve looked at the team that is likely to start at Stamford bridge – “PREDICTED XI: The NUFC side we think Benitez will start at Chelsea tomorrow” – Click here to see full team & let us know your thoughts.
- And finally, Simon has wrote about NUFC’s striker situation, explaining why Mitro has to start tomorrow – “Time for Rafa to swallow his pride and give Mitrovic a start at Stamford Bridge?” – Read full article here & let us know if you agree with his thoughts..