A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Takeover talk has been been the story of the day so far, with conflicting reports emerging from The Times, Daily Mail and The Chronicle this morning on Amanda Staveley’s pursuit of NUFC – Read a round-up of today’s big stories here.
- Sky Sports have also weighed in today, offering some good and bad news on Amanda Staveley and Mike Ashley’s current stance as far as a potential buy-out is concerned – Read full story from Sky here.
- Rafa Benitez has been speaking about the January transfer window today, revealing that he is looking to add ‘experience, physicality and quality’ to his side this winter – stating that Newcastle need to find players to keep them in the Premier League, not the next best player for the next 10 years – Read Rafa’s comments in full here.
- Incase you missed it last night, Newcastle have been drawn to face Football League minnows Luton Town in the Third Round of the FA Cup – Read full details of our upcoming cup tie here.
The shortlist for Newcastle’s FUN88 player of the month for November has been announced, with Jacob Murphy, Ciaran Clark and Isaac Hayden having been nominated for the award – CLICK HERE to cast your vote.
- Ex-NUFC boss Sam Allardyce has admitted that the Everton job is the opportunity he has been waiting for in terms of finances and ambition, stating that he expected his spell at NUFC to be exactly that, but ‘that didn’t happen’ due to Ashley’s lack of spending – Read his comments in full here.
- BBC pundit Danny Murphy has admitted just how perplexed he’s been to see Rafa Benitez leave Jonjo Shelvey out of his Newcastle United side, warning the Spaniard that Jonjo will ‘get the hump’ before long if he continues to leave him on the bench – Read Murphy’s full comments here.
- Sky Sports’ Spanish football expert Guillem Balagué has revealed that Rafa Benitez IS an admirer of the Iker Casillas, but believes he will NOT try to sign him in January – Find out why here.
- Garth Crooks admits he stands by his recent comments that Newcastle could one day become title contenders under Rafa Benitez ‘with the right resources’, but has warned NUFC fans that ‘the writing is on the wall’ if Benitez is not handed funds to strengthen his squad in January – Read the BBC pundits full rant here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.