A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Mike Ashley met with Amanada Staveley for the first time for face to face talks this week, with the pair being pictured together at a London Curry house – Full story here after some big developments on the takeover front!
- Following the big news on Ashley and Staveley’s meeting, here’s all the interesting and amusing reactions on Twitter from NUFC fans and journalists alike – Read full reaction here.
- Rafa Benitez has warned Mike Ashley that he ‘expects’ the money Newcastle did not spend in August to be available for him to spend on the squad in next month’s January transfer window – sending a clear message to the NUFC owner ahead of their scheduled ‘meeting’ – Read Rafa’s full message to Ashley here.
- Some great news has arrived ahead of tomorrow’s game with Leicester at St James’ Park, confirming that Newcastle skipper Jamaal Lascelles and Christian Atsu are both fit and ready to return to the NUFC side tomorrow – Full story here.
- The Chronicle have provided an interesting nugget of info on Ashley and Staveley’s meeting, stating that the pair are understood to have personally negotiated on a price for the first time – with their solicitors having done all of that work previously. Read full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has been speaking to the media today in for his pre-match press conference ahead of tomorrow’s visit of Leicester City to St James’ Park – Read the key points from Rafa’s presser here.
- Some surprisingly interesting stuff has been shared by Michael Owen, with the BT Sport pundit revealing TWO intriguing stats in his prediction for Newcastle vs Leicester City this weekend – Read his comments in full here.
- Shay Given has had his say on the potential takeover at St James’ Park and has got a little carried away in the process, revealing the Premier League star he’d love NUFC to sign if ambitious and free spending investors arrived in place of Mike Ashley – CLICK HERE to see just who he wants us to sign!
- Football ‘experts’ Paul Merson and Mark Lawronsen have made their predictions for Leicester City’s visit to St James’ Park this weekend’s and the pair are predicting very different outcomes – See their pre-match thoughts & match predictions in full here.
- The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas has revealed TEN potential targets that Rafa may have his eye on in an interesting piece by the club’s official media partner this week – Read the full list and our thoughts on them all here.
- Ahead of a busy looking Christmas period, Simon has assessed our SIX games over the coming 3 weeks – “Festive fixtures looking key for NUFC: How many points can we pick up in December?” – Read full article here & let us know how many points you think we’ll get!
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.