A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- BIG breaking news earlier today that Mike Ashley is now close to agreeing a takeover with Amanda Staveley and PCP Capital Partners, with confirmation that a £300m bid has now been submitted and ‘significant progress’ has been made over the last few days – Read full story here.
- Following today’s big news, it has since been reported just how January spending could now work – Read story on what Benitez’s budget could be next month here.
- In the mean time, there’s still a game to be played tonight and Everton boss Sam Allardyce has had his say on it – Read Big Sam discuss just how he plans to keep the NUFC crowd quiet here.
- The ‘experts’ are back with their predictions ahead of tonight’s tussle with Everton at St James’ Park and Paul Merson, Mark Lawronsen and Michael Owen have all found some common ground in their pre-match assessments – Read their full predictions here.
- As ever, social media has been rife with excitable NUFC fans this afternoon following the takeover developments and we’ve picked out some of the best reactions from Twitter following the big breaking news today – See some of the best ones here.
- Following our recent slump in the league, two striking stats have emerged to highlight the real issues within this out of sorts NUFC side – Read them both here.
- NUFC fans have been taking part in a series of polls to vote for the team they want to see start vs Everton tonight. The results are VERY interesting – See the full team that has been voted for here.