A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- After it emerged yesterday that Amanda Staveley and Mike Ashley are ‘very close’ to agreeing a £300m deal for the sale of NUFC, it has been revealed by reliable North-East correspondent Craig Hope that one thing could still see the deal stall – Read slightly troubling full story here.
- Despite yesterday’s strong claims that Staveley was nearing a £300m deal to takeover at NUFC,Rafa Benitez has admitted that he still has no information on a potential buy out OR his budget for the January window – See Rafa’s post-match update here.
- We’ve given our PLAYER RATINGS for each NUFC player that started in last night’s 0-1 defeat to Everton – Read our marks out of 10 here & let us know if you agree/disagree!
- During last night’s Match of the Day, Danny Murphy has got fans talking after explaining why Jonjo Shelvey shouldn’t have been shown red last night – and Alan Shearer strongly disagreed. Read their full debate here.
- Newcastle fans have taken to Twitter following last night’s game to criticise fellow supporters for their ‘sarcastic cheers’ and booing of Mo Diame as he the NUFC midfielder was substituted during yesterday’s defeat to Everton – Read full story here.
- According to the Express, Rafa Benitez is expected to be given the go ahead for a January spending in the next 48 hours should a takeover move significantly closer – and, if so, the NUFC boss will look to sign Liverpool’s Dany Ings and Manchester Utd’s Luke Shaw on loan.
- John Carver has been speaking about his old club on Talksport today, pleading with Mike Ashley to sell up and sell up quickly to appease the ‘frustrated’ NUFC fans – also comparing himself to Rafa Benitez in an obscure way. Read his comments here.
- Italian report from Tuttosport claim that Newcastle could be ready to offer Aleksandar Mitrovic to Serie A side Torino in a bid to land previously linked midfielder Afriyie Acquah in January – Read full transfer story here.
- Following last night’s game, an Everton fan has got in touch to have his say on what he made of Newcastle in the game at St James’ Park last night, slating TWO players in the process – Read his comments here.
And finally, CLICK HERE for the honest thoughts from a NUFC season ticket holder whose given us his assessment of last night’s 1-0 defeat to Everton.