A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Sky Sports have provided a slightly worrying update on takeover proceedings, stating that one of the sticking points remains the relegation compensation clause Staveley has included in her new offer – suggesting a deal may not be as close as it was reported to be on Wednesday. Read full story here.
- Newcastle fans are not happy after TV cameras have highlighted Wayne Rooney’s off the ball elbow against Matt Ritchie during Wednesday’s defeat to Everton – a challenge that wasn’t even noticed by referee Martin Atkinson during the game, never mind met with any sort of card. See the incident here.
- NUFC skipper Jamaal Lascelles has admitted that some harsh words and ‘home truths’ were exchanged in the dressing room following our fourth straight home defeat in the 1-0 defeat to Everton on Wednesday, however has rallied his teammates to now come out of their shells and show character to keep us up. Read the skippers brilliant interview here.
- According to Talksport, Newcastle will make moves for Atletico Madrid’s Kevin Gameiro, Besiktas’ Cenk Tosunand Real Madrid stopper Kiko Casilla next month – provided Staveley’s financial backing arrives. Full article here.
- Reports on Merseyside claim Sandro Ramirez could be set for an early exit from Everton after becoming frustrated by his lack of first team opportunities and NUFC may just look to step in – with it being well documented that Benitez was interest in the Spanish U-21 international over the summer. Read full story here.
- Paul Merson has made his predictions for this weekend’s Premier League action and, despite slating Arsenal for the vast majority of his prediction, he’s gone for his former side to smash us tomorrow – Read his full prediction here.
- With two defeats in a week and games coming thick and fast, here’s the SEVEN changes we think Rafa could make for tomorrow’s game vs Arsenal – See predicted line up here.
- During our disappointing summer transfer window, Benitez made landing a new, experienced goalkeeper a priority – Simon writes here why it looks clearer than ever just why Rafa wanted his own no.1 brought in.
And finally, CLICK HERE for this week’s edition of ‘The Opposition Opinion’ where we’ve been speaking to an Arsenal fan prior to tomorrow’s game.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)