A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Sky Sports’ Jim White has provided a slightly confusing update on the NUFC takeover front, claiming that a source close to the deal has admitted that a ‘valuation gap’ remains in a deal between Mike Ashley and Amanda Staveley – however it is ‘hoped’ that both parties will still ‘find a way to get a deal done’. Read full story here.
- An update from The Times claims that a ‘provisional deal’ could be struck between Amanda Staveley and Mike Ashley due to her looming fears of relegation – meaning she could offer Rafa Benitez some January backing in the mean time. Read full story here.
- Former NUFC midfielder Jermaine Jenas has brandished some supporters as ‘ridiculous’ for calling for Rafa Benitez’s sacking following a bad patch of results, suggesting no potential replacement would come in and do a better job. Read his bold comments here.
- According to The Sun this morning, out of sorts NUFC midfielder Mo Diame looks set to leave the club in January with Turkish sides Goztepe and Sivasspor both ready to seal cut-price deal for the 30-year old. Read full transfer story here.
- Sky Sports pundits Phil Thompson, Paul Merson, Matt Le Tissier and Charlie Nicholas have made their predictions for the three sides they expected to be relegation from the Premier League this season – and the results are very interesting. Read their relegation predictions here.
- Arsenal fans have taken to Twitter to admit just how impressed they were by Newcastle midfielder Mikel Merino during Saturday’s game at the Emirates – with some even suggesting they’d like to see him join the North London side. Read their full comments here.
- A fascinating stat has highlighted the remarkable influence of Jamaal Lascelles this season, revealing that Newcastle have NEVER conceded more than 2 when he plays, but have never conceded less than 2 when he’s been absent! Read full story here.
- Rafa Benitez is eyeing a move for on-loan Basel striker Dimitri Oberlin in a bid to bolster his attacking options at NUFC according to The Sun today – Read full transfer story here.