A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has hinted that Newcastle could turn to loan deals next month in a bid to bring in the ‘best players possible for us now’, suggesting that we ‘have to’ do deals for players with ‘Premier League experience’ and the ‘right personality’ in the upcoming January transfer window. Read full story here.
- Claims from the continent today that Crystal Palace have submitted a formal offer of €20M (£17.5m) to Besiktas for star striker Cenk Tosun ahead of next month’s transfer window – the man who has been described as Benitez’s top January target in recent months. Read full story here.
- Some welcome news has arrived ahead of Saturday’s trip to West Ham, with news that midfield trio Mark Noble, Marko Arnautovic and Manuel Lanzini look set to miss our crucial trip to the London Stadium this weekend – Read full story here.
- Silly season is well and truly back, with the ambitious claims from the Evening Standard stating that Rafa Benitez hopes to use his ‘personal relationship’ with David Luiz to broker a loan deal for the out of favour Chelsea defender – Full story here!
- BBC pundit Garth Crooks has sent a warning to Newcastle fans ahead of the busy Christmas period, admitting that he ‘dreads’ to think how Benitez’s thin squad will cope now the games are coming thick and fast – saying we are ‘slowly running out of gas’ and are punching well above our weight in the Premier league. Read his full rant here.
- Steve Harper has spoken out ahead of a crucial January transfer window for Rafa Benitez and NUFC, insisting that he must prioritise deals for a new number 10 and ‘out and out’ centre forward – stating that arrivals in these two areas are far more important than a new goalkeeper. Read Harper’s full comments here.
- According to Jermaine Jenas, Newcastle missed a trick not looking at Southampton striker Charlie Austin over the summer, stating he was someone Rafa could and should have gone for to improve our goalscoring options. Read full story here.
- With NUFC looking at the loan market for January additions, Simon has looked at TEN players Benitez could look to sign on loan at add some much needed quality to our squad next month – Read the full piece here.