A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has been speaking to the press today ahead of tomorrow’s game, and has admitted that he STILL does not know where things stand ahead of the January window – Read his slightly troubling comments here.
- According to the Chronicle this morning, Rafa Benitez is planning a clear out at NUFC next month, with the club set to ‘listen to offers’ for Mo Diame, Rolando Aarons, Jack Colback, Henri Saivet and Massaido Haidara – Read full story here.
- NUFC legend Malcolm Macdonald has defended Rafa Benitez’s decision to leave Aleksandar Mitrovic out of his side, explaining just why he believes the Serbian striker isn’t nearly as good as so many Newcastle fans think he is – Read SuperMac’s outspoken rant here.
- Some fascinating claims have emerged from fan-led supporters group ‘NUFC Fans United‘, who have revealed some details of Amanda Staveley & PCP’s ‘serious plans’ for Newcastle United after claiming to have been in touch with the 44-year-old businesswoman herself – Read intriguing their intriguing claims here.
- West Ham stopper Adrian has praised Rafa Benitez was asked about the interest he received from NUFC over the summer, admitting he’s known the Spaniard for a ‘long time’ – Read full story here.
- Chelsea fans have had their say on potential new arrival Kenedy after suggestions that he could join NUFC on loan next month – See their VERY interesting comments about the Brazilian wide man here.
- Some very interesting claims from the Daily Mail today, who report that Alan Pardew has identified Newcastle’s Aleksandar Mitrovic as a target for West Brom – and is believed to have ‘opened discussions’ over a potential January move – Full transfer story here.
- Rafa Benitez is understood to be prioritising the signing of a striker in next month’s January transfer window, however stories from the Chronicle and Shields Gazette state that he would also like a left-back, ‘experienced’ goalkeeper , ‘number 10‘ and defensive midfielder this winter. Full story here.
- Sky Sports’ ‘football expert’ Paul Merson is back with a bang this week, not only predicting a 2-0 win for West Ham tomorrow, but claiming that he doubts we will be able to ‘handle’ in-form Hammers winger Marko Arnautovic – Read his full prediction here.
- Quite incredibly, it has been highlighted that we have NEVER won a single point in the league this season when top scorer Dwight Gayle has started up front – Read full article here.
- Former NUFC sick note Michael Owen has been having his say ahead of our trip to West Ham and has revealed a slightly ominous statistic in the process – highlighting how the Hammers come into this on the back of three consecutive Premier League clean sheets – Read his full prediction here.
Finally, we’re back with ‘The Opposition Opinion’ ahead of tomorrow’s game against the Hammers. CLICK HERE to read our insightful chat with a West Ham fan who spoke to about the upcoming game earlier this week.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.