A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- A slightly concerning admission was made in a takeover article by the Chronicle last night, revealing that Staveley and PCP attempted to aid NUFC in the transfer window this month, but discussions over them offering potential financial support this January were not conclusive – suggesting any spending will have to come out of Mike Ashley’s pocket – Full story here.
- Some bold claims in an exclusive from ESPN, who claim that Newcastle are readying a move for Watford striker Troy Deeney, with the story stating that the Hornets captain is a ‘top target’ of Rafa Benitez’s this month. Read full story here.
- Former NUFC striker Mick Quinn has slated Mike Ashley’s ‘joke’ of an approach to the January window, suggesting that he has left Benitez in an ‘impossible’ position – with Rafa STILL yet to be told what his budget is this month. Read full rant here.
- Besiktas’ Cenk Tosun won’t be joining Newcastle anytime soon despite our strong interest, with it being confirmed today by Sky Sports that Everton are set to seal a £27m deal for the in-form striker – Read full story here.
- Gary Neville’s recent comments have done little to get him in the good books of NUFC fans, and the Sky pundit is at it again this week, with him predicting Luton will beat us 2-1 in the FA Cup at St James’ Park on Saturday. Read story here.
- Sky Sports pundit Matt Le Tissier believes Benitez needs to bring in a new striker AND a new goalkeeper in the transfer window this month, stating that is it ‘just shocking’ that our top scorer is on three goals. Read his comments here.
- According to an exclusive in the Express last night, Newcastle have joined Everton, West Ham and Southampton in the queue to sign want-away Arsenal forward Theo Walcott on loan this month – Read full story here.